Cal North Area 4 Referee Association
Each local league sponsors courses during the year. As they are scheduled, information will be posted on the Clinics web page. The local league pays the cost of the clinic, purchases the books, and obtains and pays for the facility. The district assigns the instructors. For more information or to sign up, contact the local league.
JLYSSL volunteer referee coordinators organize multiple certification clinics each year to provide our club members with the opportunity to receive referee instruction and obtain their US Soccer Referee License. This satisfies one of the requirements for a team to participate in JLYSSL programs.
Currently scheduled classes are listed at the JLYSSL Referee Classes web page. Please review the class schedule and click on the email link to send your request including the class date desired, your name, club affiliation, email address, mailing address, phone number and date of birth.
- Minimum age is 14. (The minimum age for MSC is 13.)
- Class is free for Jack London club members but there is a $40 referee registration fee paid to US Soccer if you pass the test
- Members of clubs outside JLYSSL must pay a $10 fee to cover course materials.
- A uniform must be purchased at the conclusion of the class at a cost of about $60.
- JLYSSL clubs will reimburse uniform expense after you officiate five (5) games in your first season as referee