Cal North Area 4 Referee Association
Each local league sponsors courses during the year. As they are scheduled, information will be posted on the Clinics web page. The local league pays the cost of the clinic, purchases the books, and obtains and pays for the facility. The district assigns the instructors. For more information or to sign up, contact the local league.
JLYSSL volunteer referee coordinators organize multiple certification clinics each year to provide our club members with the opportunity to receive referee instruction and obtain their US Soccer Referee License. This satisfies one of the requirements for a team to participate in JLYSSL programs.
Currently scheduled classes are listed at the JLYSSL Referee Classes web page. Please review the class schedule and click on the email link to send your request including the class date desired, your name, club affiliation, email address, mailing address, phone number and date of birth.
- Minimum age is 14. (The minimum age for MSC is 13.)
- Class is free for Jack London club members but there is a $40 referee registration fee paid to US Soccer if you pass the test
- Members of clubs outside JLYSSL must pay a $10 fee to cover course materials.
- A uniform must be purchased at the conclusion of the class at a cost of about $60.
- JLYSSL clubs will reimburse uniform expense after you officiate five (5) games in your first season as referee.
Montclair Soccer Club will be hosting a referee course the weekend of March 3-5, 2016. If you are interested in becoming a referee, now is the time!
2017 GRADE 8 ENTRY LEVEL REFEREE COURSE – Online, Classroom & Field Session
Name: MATT HINDMAN
Cost: $50. Pay online.
- Fri, Mar 3: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Fri, Mar 3: 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Sat, Mar 4: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Sat, Mar 4: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sun, Mar 5: 9:00am – 1:00pm
KING ESTATES MIDDLE SCHOOL
(AKA BAY AREA TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL)
8251 FONTAINE STREET
- View in Google Maps
- From I-580, exit at Keller Avenue. Go across Keller onto Fontaine Street. Follow Fontaine about ½ mile to King Estate Jr. High School, which is on the right. Park in the school parking lot. The fields are behind the school.
The Grade 8 Entry Level Referee Course:
Online, Classroom and Field Session prepares and certifies referees to referee recreational and competitive youth soccer games. This course requires the student to fully participate and successfully complete the Online Video Modules on their own prior to the start of the first scheduled classroom session. Students are also required to attend 12 hours of Classroom and Field Sessions to meet the certification requirements. Sessions may be done within two to three days and/or evenings. The Online Sessions reduce the total hours required to fulfill the requirements of the Traditional 18 Hour Course. It also allows the students to have a Field Session to physically prepare and familiarize students to the mechanics and procedures they will be experiencing as referees and assistant referees. Students must take and pass a 50-question exam with a minimum or 80% correct. Here is a Link to some resources you will need for the entire course: Entry Level Referee Course Modules
This course will be administered by CNRA. Montclair Soccer Club is sponsoring the course free of charge for MSC members and members of JLYSSL-affiliated clubs. There is no fee charged by MSC to enroll in the course. However, a $45 fee will be collected by CNRA for the referee license and registration upon passing the exam.
To Register for this course, please CLICK HERE. (Note: If you do not have a USSF Registration account, you will need to create one first before registering for the course.)
For additional upcoming Referee Courses, please visit CNRA HERE