It’s a Requirement
All teams, U10 and above MUST have referee(s) affiliated with their team to fulfill the required number of game credits each season for the team to play. Quality referees insure the safety and enhance the quality of the game for the players and families. MSC referees are volunteers from our parent, coaching and player community. Volunteers as young as age 13 can be trained and become USSF licensed referees.
JLYSSL League Referee Information
- For the latest in Referee information navigate to the JLYSSL site http://www.jlysl.org/referees.html
- For the latest information on the Referee requirements for each team: http://www.jlysl.org/team-referee-requirements.html
- Referees receive payment from the league for officiating games. The current fee schedule can be found at: http://www.jlysl.org/referee-pay.html
- For classes in our area, check http://www.jlysl.org/referee-licensing.html
Jack London Youth Sports Soccer League will hold various entry-level referee training classes in 2014. The 18-hour courses are taught over four weeknights and prepare you to take the field with your watch and whistle! Graduates will receive their USSF Grade 8 Referee License and will be empowered to officiate youth games at any age level. Refereeing is a great way to get involved in the beautiful game!
Download complete information about Entry Level (Grade 8) Requirements: Referee_ELC_Requirements 2010.pdf
How to affiliate with a team
- Go to MySoccerLeague http://www.mysoccerleague.com/spads/YSLLogin.jsp
- Log in to your account
- On your home page, click Edit Information
- Click Edit Team Affiliation
- Select an Age Group, Gender, and Skill Level. For competitive or older teams you might also have to change Select Season to the D4 choice. Search for your team name, or coach’s or manager’s name.
- Click Affiliate at the left of the row of your team.
- Click Save All on your information page.
You have successfully affiliated. Your games will now credit your team. You will need to update your affiliation each season.